Sunday, January 13, 2013

A POUND OR SO OF PREVENTION

Console Vault’s Vehicle Vault Keeps Handguns and Valuables Safe and Secure

While searching the Web for a discreet gun safe for my Ford F-250, I came across a company named Console Vault, which offers not only vehicle safes, but covert wall safes and security briefcases, as well. Turns out, the company has been making specialized vehicle vaults for law enforcement and government officials around the world for eight years. By the time I’d finished reading its homepage, I’d made up my mind.

The Vehicle Vault uses Console Vault’s five-point locking system and a high-security barrel lock. A keyless combination lock is an option, and that’s the route I went. I can set the combo off by one digit when I’m in the vehicle in the event I need access to my handgun in a hurry. The major components are made of 12-gauge cold-rolled plate steel and refined with welded tabs and notch seams.

What I appreciated most is that the Vehicle Vault requires no vehicle modifications whatsoever. There are only four parts to install on late-model F-250s and three on earlier models; the kit also includes all the mounting hardware.

Installation is pretty straightforward, as long as you can read instructions. First, you set your personal combination. Next, you remove the factory nuts at the bottom of the console. Then, you attach the front, then the rear, support brackets to the bottom of the console. And finally, you mount the lid assembly to the top of the support brackets. Done deal.

When the installation is complete, the Vehicle Vault is anchored discreetly inside the console. Virtually no storage space is lost, because the console lid closes flush up against the Vehicle Vault’s lid assembly. When the console lid is closed, no one would ever know it’s there.

I’ve now used my Vehicle Vault to stow my wallet, watch, keys (my truck has keyless entry), mobile phone and anything else I had in my pockets on several occasions when the truck was parked, whether I was fishing at a bass lake near my house or going for a jog at the beach. While it’s true that my truck has never been broken into (perhaps it’s the NRA, California Rifle & Pistol Association, American flag and assortment of gun decals that are displayed on the rear window of my cab), I get some real peace of mind knowing that if it ever were broken into, the thief would have to be equipped with some serious cutting tools to get to any valuables I’d left in the console.

CONTACT:

CONSOLE VAULT

5000 West Oakey Boulevard
Suite E2
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(800) 878-1369
www.consolevault.com

GW-1212-FIELD TEST
When the installation is complete, the Vehicle Vault is anchored discreetly inside the console. Virtually no storage space is lost, because the console lid closes flush up against the Vehicle Vault’s lid assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment